Sunday, February 22, 2009

Instant Sleep

I've never been one to have issues falling asleep. I can sleep anywhere: the car, a recliner, an airplane, a blow-up mattress, etc. Anywhere. And at any time of the day. Lately with this pregnancy, I've noticed I'm requiring more sleep. I expected to be tired again. So far my sleep needs are nothing compared to what I was like the first couple of months. I was a mess. By the time we dismissed the students at 3:23 I was ready for at least a 2-hour nap. When Matt got home, I was usually on the couch, and would go to be around 9 or sometimes before 9. I remember going to sleep at 7:30 p.m. one day. Anyway, what I am noticing lately is that as soon as I hit the pillow, it takes me about point two seconds to be sound asleep. Completely out. Today after my excursion to Kohl's, Barnes and Noble, and Harris Teeter (oh, crap...I just realized I forgot to buy lunch meat.) I came home a mess, took a seat on the couch, and was out for almost two hours. I know this is normal, but it is just crazy how I can fall asleep so fast.

No comments: