Thursday, August 26, 2010
We came home and had lunch. Let's rephrase that. I tried to feed Grace lunch, but my happy girl was turning into a crankapotamus. I tried for a nap.
The screams and cries were endless.
Took her back downstairs. Cranky. I needed a nap.
Matt took her. I napped. Still cranky. Daddy tried a nap. No go yet again.
No nap = crankapotamus
Sunday, August 22, 2010
- blow bubbles
- visit Aunt Sarah in Montgomery
- family pictures
- Tiny Tot Time @ the library on Tuesdays
- Outer Banks
- Anniversary trip to Savannah
- visit Grandma and Grandpa Shemanski, Aunt Paula and Landon, Aunt Mallory, and more relatives in Michigan
- Pirate Program @ library
- Meet Maisy @ library
- Mallory's bridal shower
- Read 2010-2011 VA Reader Choice Books for Middle School
- run in the sprinkler at Grandpa and Grandma's house
- play with Landon
- go to the beach
- sleepover @ Grandma & Grandpa Moyer's house
- Read Sookie Stackhouse series
- visit Blizzard, the albino deer, at City Park
- Go flower girl dress shopping w/ Aunt Mallory
- Walk with Grandpa Shemanski
- Bingo w/ Mom, Aunt Kris, and Paula
- bonfire w/ smores
- Aunt Mallory and soon-to-be Uncle Caleb visit us
- pool party @ Karin's house
- play date w/ Bree
- Toddler Time @ library on Wednesdays
We have one week left before our summer vacation ends, and we report back to school next Monday for a week of meetings and staff development. I have checked off every single thing except: Outer Banks, reading Sookie, and reading VA Reader Choice. The Outer Banks is just not going to happen. I'm tired of traveling. Even though it is a little over an hour to get there, and we only wanted to spend the day at the dunes, I just want to be home. That leaves 14 books to read before Monday. I have 9 out of the 10 Sookie books to read, and 5 of the 10 VA Reader Choice.
I better get reading.