Sunday, October 24, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
I'm not liking my blog design.I have no idea how to get what I want without paying someone to do it. And I'm not paying someone. It can't be that difficult right? Maybe if I had time I could research it. Maybe I should have taken a computer class instead of four years of Spanish. Yo necessito una lapiz doesn't really help me with html code.
Sorry for the whining. The blog design is pretty miniscule. I get that. However, I would like to come here to write. And the design distracts me. I don't like it. Basically, it all comes down to time. Time to play around. Time to find tutorials. Time to sit down, think, and figure out exactly what I want it to look like and plan some specific posts. But hey, if I had time, I'd start in Grace's room. That poor girl needs her mommy to pack up her 12-month clothes that haven't fit her for awhile and unpack ALL of her 18-month clothes. Heck, I still need to pack up receiving blankets, and she hasn't used those babies in over a year.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
1. I have a very short fuse when I am tired. It is especially short when I know Grace needs to nap, and I need to nap, but she refuses to sleep, refuses to even relax on the bed, and refuses just about everything I try. I have come to realize I have to be very mindful of my lack of patience when I'm tired.
2. I'm not a fan of ironing. It is not difficult. It doesn't take too long to complete it. But. I. Hate. Ironing. I seriously could walk by the hanging clothes that need it without giving them a second glance.
3. I love fall. I miss this season. Yes, it is finally in the 60's here. Yes, it is finally sweatshirt weather. But it isn't the fall I know from Michigan. Everything is still green here. I want those vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds. I want piles of leaves.
4. I need to suck it up and start grading some papers.
5. I owe someone an apology.
6. I need to start walking the lake again in the evenings.
7. I probably shouldn't laugh when Grace says, "Stop, it."
8. Elmo and The Wiggles are permanent staples in this family.
9. Marshmallows with dinner is okay if it means you'll eat your entire sandwich too.
10. I need some sleep.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
I'm staring at a giant mess that at one point you could call my living room. Grace has strewn the floor with the newspaper - now shredded (I hope Matt read it this morning.), two blankets, a pillow, pom poms, beaded necklaces - lots and lots of them, a sippy cup of milk, a felt pumpkin, two puzzles, an exercise ball, an Elmo DVD, and lots and lots of construction paper because she found my stash.
The dining room table isn't much better. It wasn't clear of clutter to begin with, but Grace brought me her Dollar Store Craft bag and made a pumpkin. The only problem is that she wouldn't stop with the stickers, which are now ALL OVER the table.
It has been an eventful night full of Elmo, cooking (Let me rephrase this. I'm cooking, and Grace is playing with mixing cups and water in the sink.), puzzles, pumpkin craft, stickers, and lots and lots of kisses.
I'm okay with the mess. She won't be 18 months for long.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
- the dogs
- making a bookmark and picking out her very own book. She was quite particular in her selection process and eventually settled on the book Seeds, Seeds, Seeds.
- making a sailboat with Home Depot. She did not take the apron off.
- decorating her own cupcake (and eating it immediately)
- joining other kids in the Play House exhibit. She gravitated right for the farm and played with a tractor.
- Loved the rocking dragon
- Climbed through tunnels with Gymboree
- Hid from the Mad Hatter while playing croquet
- Had tea with the Queen of Hearts
- Had tea with Mommy
- ate kettle corn with Daddy
- any roaming characters (We were lucky to get a picture with Curious George.)
- playing the fiddle (Poor people from the Symphony Orchestra tried twice, but she just cried and cried.)