Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rummage Sales

When I went to the rummage sale this morning, I really only went because they advertised bookcases. I'm always on the lookout for bookcases for my classroom. I really didn't mean to come home with an oak rocker, converted antique ice chest, a bookcase/hutch and matching pieces including a three-drawer unit and a small five draw file cabinet.

This addiction was passed down from my mother. If the sale is selling glasses (goblets, wine glasses, etc.), my mom is buying them. She has a hutch in the basement full and numerous cupboards. I don't have the love of glasses, but I love going to rummage sales. Books are my weaknesses as well as furniture.

The IKEA bookcases/hutch/drawers are now in the loft and will be the future home of all my crafting/scrapbooking/photography/writing supplies. I have already established the three drawer unit as gift wrapping. One drawer houses the wrapping paper, one the tissue paper, and the third holds ribbon, tags, gift bags. I am so excited.

The ice chest is now a hutch in my living room, the rocker will soon be outside as soon as I put a protective coating on it, and the rest of my bookcases are awaiting me in the loft.

Did I tell you I was excited?

No comments: