Monday, March 10, 2008

Rituals

Rituals? What rituals? I have no writing rituals. I would love to say I have a dedicated spot for writing, such as a large desk faced in front of a window that overlooks a garden in full bloom or the beach or the red rocks in Sedona. I think all three would be awe inspiring views. However, this desk and window are imaginary. I have no such desk, no such view, no such ritual. The closest thing I have to a ritual is picking up Pen on Fire, reading a chapter, grabbing the laptop, and start writing. I really don't even think I can count this as a ritual, because sometimes I don't even read a chapter. I just write. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Just write. For the time being, while I am creating my writing ritual, I will focus on my see-saw writing ritual. Some days I'll read then write, and other days I'll just WRITE.

No comments: