Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Used To Think...

Time is slowly slipping away from me. My to do list at school just keeps growing and even though I'm diligently highlighting the tasks I complete, it seems that I add two or even three for every one I can cross off. I'm also losing the battle at home as well. Well, today - I am not going to do one single thing UNTIL I finish my post for the Writer's Workshop from Mama Kat's blog. It is amazing to me how much better I feel after I just sit down and write, even if it is only for five or ten minutes.

This week I'm going to write about I used to think...

I used to think that I can do everything -
tackle that to do list one item at a time all by myself
happily throw it away
only to start over again
*
Now I know that -
It's okay to ask for help
(Thank you to my husband - who doesn't think it is only the woman's job to cook and clean.)
*
Now I know that -
It is easier to finish one thing completely
rather than start many projects
only to leave some unfinished.
(I hate the unfinished feeling.)
*
Now I know that -
It is much easier to cook dinner if you remember to take the food out of the freezer.
*
Now I know that -
I can't do everything
I won't do everything
and that's okay.
*
Now I know that -
I must make time for what is important
TRULY IMPORTANT.
*
Cherish the blessings in your life
everything else is miniscule.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

All of this is so true! Baby steps. :)

And you're SO right! Cooking is WAY easier when you take stuff out of the freezer ahead of time! How come I never think about it until it's too late!?!