Monday, March 23, 2009

3 Centimeters

Stop for a moment and think back to math class. Yeah, I know many of you are wondering why I'm asking you to travel back to a class that probably was your least favorite. At least it was for me. But trust me...it will make sense. Anyway, I was thinking that in math terms three centimeters is a relatively small measurement - tiny in fact in the grand scheme of things. However, when you change the perspective to a pregnant woman (me) who is now dialated to three centimeters, it doesn't seem so small. The goal is 10 centimeters. And with now knowing this little tidbit, I feel excited, but anxious too. Before knowing this, I was just going along doing my daily routine full well knowing that I am considered full term and could go into labor at any point. But I didn't dwell on it. I just knew that when she was ready, she would come. Now, even though it could still be over a week or two before I go into labor, I feel like I'm constantly thinking about it and all the stuff I NEED to do. Now I'm always thinking about it.

No comments: