Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daily Gratitude

As the day comes to a close, I am especially grateful for:


Warm Weather - Yesterday it was in the 80's here and today was in the 70's. Matt and I spent three hours down at the oceanfront just relaxing in our chairs reading. I love the smell of the ocean, the warm breeze, the sand between my toes, and the overall calming feeling I get from just being at the ocean. Plus, it's fun to people watch. I watched a little boy, probably about one-years-old weeble wobble around chasing a seagull. I watched another little girl, probably a little older - two maybe - run up and down the water left from the receeding tide. She wasn't even in the ocean, just a trench of leftover water. Her jeans were drenched, but she just had so much fun wobbling through the water. Matt and I also saw seven pelicans scan the water for fish.

Clotheslines - With the warm weather, we were able to hang up our laundry outside again. Fresh linens from the line smell so wonderful. It's sad that more people are not able or don't want to enjoy the real thing and are happy with fresh linen scented Bounce.

My husband - If I wrote about daily gratitude every day, I would write about my husband in each post. There is so much to be grateful for when it comes to him, especially when I read about some terrible situations other women are in. He helps with cleaning, laundry, cooking (His homemade gluten-free cookies are better than mine.) He pushes me to be a better person. He lets me vent just enough. He gets me to eat vegetables. Yesterday I ate cabbage in the homemade egg rolls I made, and today I even put coleslaw on my pork bbq. Holy Cow! Did I just admit to eating cabbage? He is my best friend and am so grateful that God brought us together.
Clothes That Fit - Being 35 weeks pregnant, finding clothes that fit is becoming increasingly difficult. Today, Matt and I went to the beach, and I wanted to wear comfy clothes that weren't too warm. I thought that would be easy to do. I thought I had warm-weather clothes that fit. I was so wrong. First, I tried on a pair of blue lounge shorts I got for Christmas. They fit, but then I realized I didn't have a clean white tank-top that matched. I tried on a different tank top (non-maternity) and barely got my arms out of the thing. WAY TOO TIGHT. I tried on a pair of capris that I thought would fit, but again....a no go. I didn't want to wear long pants since it was warm out and I'm already warm with being pregnant. I swear I spent close to 20 minutes trying to find something to wear. I settled on a skirt and a tank top I found with the tags still on - both maternity. I think I may have to go shopping for some warm-weather clothes.
35 weeks - Each and every day I am thankful for being pregnant and for an amazing pregnancy. I can't wait to meet our little girl.


No comments: