This pattern is nothing new for us. When we got married in 2005, we did all of the following within the same month: got married, went on our honeymoon, moved to Virginia, bought a house, and started new jobs.
Now we've been given a new challenge. I'd like to think of them as blessings.
- We are blessed with preparing for the birth of a new life - our little girl. Accumulating all the stuff a new baby needs is time consuming and costs $. Thank goodness for sales, buying used, and the kindness of friends.
- We are blessed with professionals who can help us prepare for childbirth, parenting, breastfeeding, and baptism. Tack all of this on our to-do list in February.
- I am blessed to be able to stay home with our little one for the first five months of her life.
- However, I don't want to think about preparing substitute plans for 2 1/2 months of that time.
- We are blessed with having the opportunity to even consider buying a home when others around us are losing theirs.