Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Continues

5: 18 a.m. wake up call. Thanks Grace. (Note: This is becoming a trend. Today it was 5:30 a.m.)

Grace is currently singing "O, Christmas Tree." I have a feeling Christmas is a year round holiday in this house. Barney Christmas is a constant and Christmas carols are the most suggested bedtime song.

I've signed us up for the Smart Summer Challenge.

Grace had her first art class yesterday. She painted three pictures using stamps, brushes, and of course her fingers. And we got the coolest eye stickers, so we made little aliens out of them with just a bucket of crayons.

I really need to start using my camera.

Finished Keeper by Andrea Gillies. I was not overly impressed. The quote on the front cover said, "One house, three generations, and a journey with Alzheimer's." I expected a story about their house, not a science book. It was a mix of both, but I was sooooo tired of reading about dead guys who they think might have had the disease or differing opinions on drugs.

Today is supposed to be a scorcher - 100 degrees I think. Guess a new craft is on the table today instead of the zoo. Maybe we'll make handprint fireworks to get ready for the 4th of July.

1 comment:

Caleb + Mallory said...

I should be at your house -- to play with Grace because we seem to wake up at the same time! Going to check out what the summer challenge is about -- and I will keep sending crafts I find your way!