Saturday, October 16, 2010

Realizations

I've come to realize...

1. I have a very short fuse when I am tired. It is especially short when I know Grace needs to nap, and I need to nap, but she refuses to sleep, refuses to even relax on the bed, and refuses just about everything I try. I have come to realize I have to be very mindful of my lack of patience when I'm tired.

2. I'm not a fan of ironing. It is not difficult. It doesn't take too long to complete it. But. I. Hate. Ironing. I seriously could walk by the hanging clothes that need it without giving them a second glance.

3. I love fall. I miss this season. Yes, it is finally in the 60's here. Yes, it is finally sweatshirt weather. But it isn't the fall I know from Michigan. Everything is still green here. I want those vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds. I want piles of leaves.

4. I need to suck it up and start grading some papers.

5. I owe someone an apology.

6. I need to start walking the lake again in the evenings.

7. I probably shouldn't laugh when Grace says, "Stop, it."

8. Elmo and The Wiggles are permanent staples in this family.

9. Marshmallows with dinner is okay if it means you'll eat your entire sandwich too.

10. I need some sleep.

No comments: