Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in da U.P., eh?

Our family

Mallory's diaper cake at the baby shower.

Landon


Matt and I on Christmas Eve.



Matt and I are back in Virginia after spending Christmas in Kingsford. We flew into Wausau, Wisconsin this year because it was the closest we could get without spending over $1000 on our airfare. My Dad and sister picked us up, and we drove home in less than desirable conditions.


It was great to spend time with my family. My Mom cooked up a storm, and I was able to have some homecooked meals. Nothing beats cheese ravs, porketta sandwiches, and turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes. On top of that, my Mom added a new Christmas cookie to her tray. It was a pistachio cookie dipped in chocolate.


My nephew, Landon, started crawling a few days before Christmas. He is the most adorable thing. There is nothing like a cuddly baby. After spending the week with him, I can't wait until April. I can only hope our baby girl is as happy as him.


Like every year, my Dad, sisters, Matt, and I played board games. This year we played Scrabble. We also went to the movies to see "Marley and Me".

My sisters and Mom also threw me a baby shower while we were back home. My sister had the Knights of Columbus Hall decorated very cute, and she even made her own diaper cake. It was so nice to see people who I wouldn't have time to see since we weren't home very long. I received many wonderful gifts for the baby.


The only downfall of our trip was getting the flu. (On the plus side, the baby didn't like the flu very much so the next day she was VERY active, and Matt was finally able to feel her kick. I was so happy to finally be able to share the experience with him.)









No comments: