Sunday, December 21, 2008

Change of Plans

Each morning after I get our lunches together, I usually sit at the kitchen table to eat my breakfast and read the daily reading out of the Advent book we received from church. Friday was a hectic day due to our 7th grade breakfast at school (Our team was in charge of it.). I needed to be at school early in order to get things in the ovens. Well, when I get frazzled, I tend to forget things. This Friday I simply went to school with no morning readings. I know...I know...and after the day we had, I wish I hadn't skipped over it.

I'll save you from the drama, but by mid-afternoon I was so upset with everyone. By the end of the day I was exhausted, and I shouldn't have been. As soon as I got home, I saw the book on the table. I picked it up and read the daily reading only to see the following prayer at the bottom.

When my plans get upset, Lord, help me not to get upset. Help me to choose the path of generosity and love.

I'd been teaching the theme of generosity all week at school since we are reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, but when I need to show it the most, I got upset.

No comments: