Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

Thank goodness for sprays to get rid of the creepy crawlies. Yesterday, we had an encounter with a GIANT spider in our kitchen. Ugh, oh how I hate spiders. It took us about three rounds to finally kill the giant beast, but then I immediately hit the Internet to determine if it was poisonous or not. Thankfully, it was not a black widow or brown recluse, but having spiders - poisonous or not- is nothing something I want. For the next hour, I felt like there were spiders everywhere, even in my hair. That was yesterday, but today when I came home, I noticed this black speck in the carpet. I thought it was just a piece of mulch we might have tracked in. I wasn't that lucky. As soon as I got closer the creepy crawly took off. It doesn't take you too long to scoot across the floor when you have over 100 legs. Ugh. It was so disgusting. This critter would not die. I finally had to scoop him up in a magazine and fling him outside. He simply would not die; I even slammed him few times with a hardcover novel. He was a tough little guy. I am hoping not to come across any more creepy crawlies any time soon.

No comments: