Thursday, May 22, 2008

Switch It Up

Sometimes you just need to switch it up. I'm talking about dinner. Ever have a nice big breakfast for dinner? Some may look at you like you walked out of the Bizarro-World episode of Seinfeld, but cut them some slack. It's just because they don't know what their missing.

I remember sitting down for dinner and the only thing in front of me was every single box of cereal from the cupboard. It was fend for yourself night. We could have just one kind or mix them all together. My favorite was Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but sometimes I'd go for the Cocoa Krispies only to let the chocolate seep out into the milk, so I could have a bowl of chocolate milk to drink at the end.

I also remember having pancakes for dinner. Yummy! Homemade pancakes drizzled in butter, maple syrup, and of course POWDERED SUGAR. We would usually have sausages with them. I'd cut the pancakes up and the sausages. Each bite would contain one piece of sausage and pancake. I would save the pieces of pancake with the most butter and powdered sugar until last.

The last breakfast food I remember eating for dinner was eggs, toast, and bacon. My Dad makes the very best fried eggs.

Guess what I had for dinner tonight?

gluten-free waffles drizzled in maple syrup, butter, and maple syrup with side of bacon.

No comments: