Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Three years ago, I married the man of my dreams. I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. It was over 90 degrees and humid. The U.P. is never supposed to be that hot, but it was on our wedding day. I remember Father Joe pronouncing us husband and wife. I remember Colleen, the photographer, having us trek through the woods for the 'perfect' spot for a photo. The heat was making people grumpy and irritated, but I have the BEST wedding pictures. I remember people talking about the food. All I remember is the Italian turkey sandwiches, but the food was a hit. Thank goodness, my husband wasn't in charge of the food; he only wanted vats of cheese and chips. I remember the groom's cake I secretly added a few days before our wedding. It was a 3-D football with my husband's football number and high school name, so he could relive the glory years. I remember Garrett and Annie dancing. Let's just say, if it was on t.v., it would be on the late late shows. I remember dancing, and dancing, and dancing some more. I remember dancing with my husband even though he hates to dance. It really doesn't seem like this all happened three years ago. I hope we can create more memories throughout the years that will be as vivid as our wedding day.

No comments: