Sunday, May 11, 2008

for my Mother

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish you were here or I was there
to celebrate with you today.

I wish we could share a cup of coffee together in the morn,
eating chocolate on the porch, watching airplanes.

I wish you could see all the baking and cooking I can do
because of what you taught me.

I wish you could taste my bread, chocolate cake, blueberry-banana bread, pizza, etc. and think it tastes just like yours even though it is gluten-free.

I wish you could go to garage sales with me down here,
I'm sure you'd find a ton of glasses to add to your collection
or a random lamp.

I wish we could go to a movie and I could hear your laugh
at a moment when no one else is laughing, and
then you can't control it, and
we all start laughing and people start looking.

I wish you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: