Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simple Truths


  • Watching a toddler create art is a lot of fun. It also requires a lot of patience. Why patience? Well, sometimes you (the adult) want that art to look a certain way, and quite frankly, your toddler has other ideas. Case in point - Yesterday, Grace received a wooden butterfly to decorate at art class. The table was full of googly eyes, yarn, rhinestones of all colors and shapes, stickers, cotton balls, puff balls, etc. I (the adult) envisioned her using the rhinestones and making a colorful butterfly. Grace (the toddler) envisioned her butterfly covered in different colored POP BOTTLE TOPS. Oh, it was sooooo hard to just sit back and let her do it. But. I. Did. And she is soooo proud of her pop bottle top butterfly.

  • I can't remember the last time I watched real television. I can however recite episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Barney's Night Before Christmas, and Barney's Halloween.

  • It is summer vacation for me, and I have slept in ONCE. In fact, I'm getting up earlier now than I did when I had to get up for work.

  • Watching all (well, almost all) the grandkids of Tom and Melanie Davis jump in the pool yesterday IN THE RAIN made me realize that we all would enjoy life more if we looked at it through the eyes of CHILDREN!

  • And in two different books yesterday, I read about happiness. In one, happiness is being satisfied and being grateful for what you have, for the love you receive, and for what God has given you. In the other, the best way to live is to take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life.

  • When Grace was born, I vowed to never let her watch Barney. I remember when my sister was little. She watched it all.the.time. And that song...I could never get it out of my head. Well, let's just say Barney is a staple in this house. And right now as I type this post, Grace is on the floor covered in her nap (aka blanket) singing Deck the Halls and O, Christmas Tree. I wouldn't change it for anything. It just makes me smile.

  • Dora band-Aids fix everything...even imaginary injuries similar to the injury of Willie the Giant.

No comments: