Saturday, September 4, 2010

I Must Give Thanks

It seems like I've done nothing but whine this week. I haven't accomplished what I wanted to do, no time, too many meetings, etc. All this whining has covered up all the things I should be grateful for this week. So to start off my weekend that will eventually lead to the first day of school, I'm going to count my blessings.

1. Grace ran into her babysitter's arms on Monday morning. (Going back to work wasn't too hard, since I knew she was happy.)
2. Grace ran into MY arms when I picked her up Monday afternoon. (I needed that.)
3. I set up my classroom the week before, so it could have been a lot worse this week.
4. Smaller class sizes this year
5. College Football starts
6. Grace slept in today.
7. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about our new principal.
8. Hurricane Earl did not bother us. (I can handle the 1/2 inch of rain he left.)
9. The new teacher I am mentoring has some great ideas and is going to have a wonderful year.
10. Grace and I have had fun painting and cooking.
11. I love sharing my dessert with her.
12. It's not 105 degrees anymore.
13. I find it hilarious that Matt is fighting from singing along to The Wiggles. I knew it would only be a matter of time. Fruit Salad anyone?
14. It's a three day weekend, and I get to spend it all with Grace.

No comments: