Saturday, October 24, 2009

We Survived Day One

Laughing while watching an episode of Sesame Street

Since we were still working on the diaper situation, we changed Grace every 3 hours last night. She never woke up once. She woke up at 5:50 a.m. - her normal time. After a bottle, she watched an episode of Sesame Street while sitting in her brand new bean bag. She loved Tully and Abby and laughed the entire time. Her happiness didn't last long though.


For the most part of the day, she was miserable. She didn't want to nap. And it is much harder to rock her and cuddle with her like I used to because her legs stick straight out. I think she was still trying to make up for her lack of food yesterday because it seemed like she was always hungry today too.


We went for a walk (in which I carried her) because she no longer fits in her stroller, played on her floor mat, and I had her play with her toys while sitting on my leg. She desperately wants to sit up and play with her toys by herself, but she can't. She isn't a fan of my holdinger her to do this either. I just haven't found a way for her to do this. I found directions on how to make a chair, but it is too wide for her little body.


I think we have figured out the diapering. No leaks today. And I've put moleskin around one ankle because her little foot was rubbing against the cast.


After dinner, she was a happy girl. She played on the floor propped up on the Bobby pillow. Then she chilled out in her crib and watched her mobile, had a sponge bath, bottle, and back to bed.

2 comments:

Sera said...

Hey girl - you are one tough mama! She is absolutely adorable with her huge smile in that picture. I'm sorry she wasn't herself, and that there are so many things that are hard to adapt to. I'm thinking of you guys and praying for you. Oh, and I am loving the new look of your blog!

Jen Raiche said...

Deb - There's a Mom who's blog I read that had a little one in a spica. You could check it out here. I think she took here little guy for walks in a wagon, since he too could not fit into a stroller.