Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life in the Slow Lane

I'm been searching for new blogs and found the Tuesday Tribute's through Sera @ Laughing Through the Chaos. Tuesday Tributes are for writers to write about someone other than themselves. When I think of the word tribute, I think of a celebration or rather a time to put that person in the spotlight and showcase the postive things. Maybe I'll do that next week; however, this week, I tip my hat or should I say shake my fist at those Sunday drivers. Check out Jay and Deb's blog Halftime Lessons for more Tuesday Tributes.



I'd like to shake my fist at all those Sunday drivers. Yeah, you know who you are. You are the ones that inferiorate me to no end.
Wondering why the fast lane is slower than the slow lane? Sunday driver. Wondering why the stoplight already changed from green to red (a bit too fast) before you even had chance to drive through it? Sunday driver. Wondering why you almost witnessed three car accidents on the way to the Walgreen's that is only five miles from your home? Sunday driver. Wondering why you are suddenly driving 25-30 miles per hour when you typically would be driving 50? Sunday driver. Wondering why it looks like the woman driving in front of you is wearing a bird's nest on her head? Sunday driver wearing her Sunday best hat on the way to church.
You might think I'm being a tad-bit too harsh. I think some Sunday drivers are a risk to everyone else on the road. My husband said, "Who would drive them to church then?" Who? How about a taxi, a relative, or a member of the congregation already headed that way? Walking might even speed some of them up. Pop them in a motor scooter and away they go. At least then they'd be on the sidewalk and not on the roads.

1 comment:

Halftime Lessons said...

LOL
Someone after my own heart.

I have always said that if I had a trillion dollars Id simply make public service tv announcements in prime time trying to teach people how to drive...

Great tribute!

Jay