Sunday, January 20, 2008

Renewal

Well, the weather report miscalculated the amount of snow we were to receive. I awoke to a dusting on the grass and ice covering the cars. However, that was enough for the locals to stay in their homes. They even bypassed going to the morning Mass. I spent the day doing things I enjoy and others that I've neglected to do. After Mass, I drank my cup of coffee and read the newspaper. I baked chocolate cupcakes (gluten-free, of course) and blueberry-banana bread. I also did a deep clean of our home. Mostly, I've put off dusting stair rails and the loft until today. I relaxed in front of a fire reading my book, and watched football playoffs. I am totally relaxed, renewed, and refreshed ready for a new day. I'll leave with a quote from the homily at Mass today. "Are you doing God's will?

No comments: