Sunday, January 27, 2008

Good Things

Father's homily today focused on original sin and our choice to go and do good things. Our world is bogged down in quite the opposite. Turn on the news tonight. What will you see? Death, war, starvation, women murdering the children, men murdering pregnant women, fires, politicians telling lies, and the list goes on. Whenever the newspaper highlights a positive story, I am sucked in, uplifted, and given a sense of renewal to try and do good. I wonder how our world would change if we didn't give front page to "bad" news. Why not focus on the good things in our nation?

Starting tomorrow I will be striving to focus on the good things. In order to make it until the middle of January, I cannot be hung up on all the negative things my kids do at school. I will not give up on them, but I need to focus on the good things. I need to refocus on the positives of the day. I need to find a positive.

My new motto: Lord, make me a blessing for someone today.

No comments: