Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daily Gratitude

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Watercolor painting - My seventh graders are still little kids at heart. With paint brushes in hand, they painted haigas and haikus with no behavior issues to speak of. I think this is the first.
2. Sunshine - Driving to work with the rising sun sure beats the months of grey skies in Michigan. Plus, it got rid of all the ice from yesterday.
3. My Husband - I love and appreciate how much he helps me become the best-version-of-myself. I find more things to love about him each day.
4. Time - Time to grade two classes of projects. Time to sit and work out the daily crossword puzzle, even if I didn't finish it. Time to write. Time to pray.
5. Being a Pack-Rat - I mean it. Sometimes, it is overwhelming, but other times, like today, I was able to find my haiku from fifth grade to show my students. Also, I found a copy of The Old Man and the Sea from high school. Welcome to my closets.
6. No Procrastinating Tonight - Projects to grade - DONE!!!!!

No comments: