1. I will not eat beat myself up over eating multiple sugar cookies or buckeyes or pieces fudge every time I walk in the kitchen at Christmas. Who has the willpower to walk away from all that goodness? Not me. Maybe that is why I gained so much weight in the two weeks we've been on winter break.
2. I will not keep clothes that I haven't worn in over a year. Quite frankly, I find it a little disturbing that I still have clothes that I wore in high school.
3. I will not give up coffee.
4. I will not let 105 seventh graders let my blood pressure rise to abnormal limits.
5. I will not give up procrastinating. As much as I pains me to write this, I admit I am a procrastinator. I wait until the last minute to grade 105 essays. I wait my shoes are piling up at the front door before I haul them upstairs just to start the cycle again. I wait until the door is sagging from the amount of clothes waiting to be ironed before I drag out the iron. I wait.
6. I will not turn into a texting-obsessed person who can't even sit through a dinner at a restaurant with friends without pulling out the cell phone to check on her husband. (insert rolling eyes).
7. I will not send my family into a swirling amount of debt just to keep up with what is "in" or "cool" or to keep up with what everyone else is sporting. I'm just fine with my low-tech cell phone (I just upgraded to one that actually sends videos. It still flips though. That is apparently out-of-style now.). I'm just fine with my $10 purse from TJ Maxx.
8. I will not forget to use stickers. What kid doesn't love stickers?
9. I will not be sad when my birthday rolls around this year. Maybe I won't be told to get in line as I walk my students to the computer lab.
10. I will NEVER stop loving my beautiful Grace.