Seriously, where has the time gone? I've let half the year go by without writing a single post. My apologies. I have no excuses. Well, maybe a few...like getting sucked into the world of Pinterest. At least I can say that I have made quite a few of the "pins" I liked. Honestly though I've just been overwhelmed with everyday life.
However, I'm back to blogging and starting off on positive notes. It was Thanksgiving yesterday. A day to give thanks and be grateful. And boy am I grateful for...
1. Grace - How did I ever live without this child? I love how sweet and caring she is and her Gracisms and her sense of humor and her obsession with Christmas (It's a year round thing in this house.) and her sweet tooth and her craftiness and our nightly bedtime routine and singing "Father, I adore you" and every.single. thing.
2. Matt - I sure lucked out marrying this man. He pushes me when I need to be pushed and supports me and lets me put up an obscene number of Christmas trees and is a fantastic dad and works hard and loves us both.
3. Christmas music - year round. But I'm really thankful for the fact that Grace has moved beyond singing ONLY track number 2 on the Glee Christmas CD (Deck the Halls), that she calls Fa La La La. We now listen to tracks 4, 6, and 7. And if I'm really lucky she lets me turn on the Christmas radio station only in the hopes that Jingle Bell Rock will be playing. If it isn't, then back to the cd we go.
4. A great group of students at school. It doesn't make all the other stuff go away, but it is soooo much easier when the kids aren't adding to the stress.
5. Staring at the Christmas tree all lit up.
6. Skype - Missing family on the holidays, so we were able to get to video chat for almost an hour.
7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
8. An extra comforter on the bed to get super cozy and warm.
9. free shipping
10. Knowing that I can buy the rest of my Christmas presents without leaving my house....thank you online shopping.