Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nothingness

It's spring break, and my plan from the beginning was to do absolutely NOTHING. Well, let me rephrase that. We were going on vacation - Florida to be exact, but in Florida, my plan was to do NOTHING. And let me tell you, NOTHING is wonderful.

1. Grace still gets me up at the butt crack of dawn, but I'm okay with it. I've been okay with it, since we're going on two years of it. Today, we took a walk along the beach before breakfast. I thought Grace might like to collect seashells. I couldn't have been more wrong. She just threw them back in the water.

2. I love just sitting on the beach and feeling the cool breeze and the sun and playing in the sand with Grace and running to the water to fill up her bucket and so on and so on.

3. I'm going to run out of books. I've already read Unbroken and Heaven is for Real. I will finish The Strange Case of Origami Yoda tomorrow morning. I need some more books, or I might not make it.

4. I can honestly say the only full episode of tv that I have watched is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. (We can thank Grace for this. I probably see more than I want of Mickey in one day.)

5. Did I mention eating lunch on the balcony or sharing a ice cream cone with Grace or listening to Grace sing me her original song or watch the excitement on her face when she realized she was swimming all by herself in her Puddle Jumper (I love that thing.) or having to go back to get Dora sunglasses because the five other ones in her purse just weren't going to cut it for her?

6. I love NOTHING. I love having no plan, no deadlines, no meetings, no anticipation of HAVING to do something.

7. I really don't want to return to reality.

1 comment:

Jen Raiche said...

Sounds like a perfect Spring break!