Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude

I'm in a whiny mood, and I'm tired. The nonstop rain is not helping, so instead of continuing this downward spiral of negative thoughts, I thought I'd focus on what is wonderful in my life.

1. Grace - She may only be seven months old, but this little lady can brighten my mood instantly. I love her baby babbles. Sometimes, they are whispers. I love when she says mama. I love her laugh; it is contagious. I love how she rubs her eyes when she is tired, and how she'll find the perfect spot in the crook of my neck to rest her head before falling asleep.

2. Matt - I love how he makes me a better person. I love how he pushes me and doesn't let me give up on things. I love that he doesn't expect me to do all the housework. I love that he does housework. I love that football season is over, and he can come home after work.

3. Family - Yeah, I know that everyone says they are grateful for family, but when people start leaving them off a gratitude list then our world is in a scary place. I love my family even though many miles separate us.

4. Gel Pillows - I think gel pillows make my list every time. I'm in love and will never, ever go back to any other pillows. Even when I travel, I stuff those babies in my luggage.

5. April '08 Mamas - Thank you for welcoming me even though I'm an '09 Mama. I appreciate how accepting you are and for all of your advice.

6. Rhino Brace - It has been 2 1/2 weeks since they took off Grace's spica cast. We only had the cast for four days, but they were four long days. I can't imagine having to endure that any longer. With those four days behind us, I can appreciate the Rhino Brace so much more. The brace is a piece of cake compared to the cast.

7. St. Mark's - I'm grateful for having found this parish.

8. Grace's video monitor - I can't imagine life without it.

9. Work - Yes, I'm grateful for work. I have a job. I have a job that I love. Sure, seventh graders can be life sucking - draining all patience and energy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. One day may be extremely tiring, but then the next will be full of surprises and rewards.

10. Great blogs with great ideas - Check out A Soft Place to Land for a Thankful Tree and (in)Courage for a Gratitude Box.

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Gel pillows...I'll have to check those out...

Debbie said...

OMG! I love them. I get them at Macy's.